Introduction to Spring Boot 2 – 3 Days
Course Description – Introduction to Spring Boot 2
As the Spring framework has grown, creating and configuring Spring applications has become more and more complex. Spring Boot takes an “opinionated” view of an application (via intelligent defaults) that minimizes configuration and boilerplate Spring code. Spring Boot makes it easier to use Spring’s many frameworks, and adds advanced capabilities such as health monitoring.
This course introduces Spring Boot from the ground up, including overviews of building blocks such as maven. It covers the key features and capabilities of Spring Boot, and teaches experienced Spring developers the skills they need to use Spring Boot productively.
This course covers Spring Boot 2 and Spring 5 – the current releases of these frameworks.
The standard platform does all labs with the Eclipse IDE, and the lab instructions include detailed directions for setting up and using it. The course can be made available for all major development environments, including IBM RAD and IntelliJ.
What You Will Learn
- Get an overview of Spring Core (focus on @Configuration) and maven/gradle – building blocks for Spring Boot
- Understand the needs that Spring Boot fulfills
- Use Spring Boot starters and start.spring.io to easily create new applications
- Understand and use Spring Boot’s auto-configuration
- Customize your application configuration
- Understand and use Spring Boot’s Spring Data / Spring Data JPA capabilities
- Understand and use Spring Boot’s Web capabilities (focusing on Spring REST), including embedded servlet containers
- Be familiar with Spring Boot Data REST
- Use Spring Security with Spring Boot
- Understand and use Spring Boot’s Actuator
- Use Actuator endpoints to monitor and manage applications
- Be familiar with and work with Spring DevTools
- Be familiar with the Spring CLI
|Session 1: Spring Configuration Overview
Session 2: Introduction to Spring Boot
Session 3: Configuration and Customization
Session 4: Spring Boot Database Support
Session 5: Spring Boot Web/REST and Security
Session 6: Actuator and Devtools:
Session 7: Spring Boot CLI
Hands-on: Minimum 50% hands-on labs
Supported Platforms: Spring Boot 2 / Spring 5, Eclipse, Can be supported on other environments with advance notice.
Other Courses to Explore