Puppet in a Master-Agent Setup – 2 Days
The Puppet in a Master-Agent Setup training course teaches participants to deploy basic system configurations using best practices for Puppet in a Master-Agent setup.
The majority of class time is spent constructing scripts for different scenarios together as a class.
Students need no prior experience with Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source. However, familiarly with the command line, such as Bash or PowerShell, is required.
- Day One
- Fundamental Component Roles that Make Up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source)
- Core Concepts for the Puppet DSL
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating Logic from Presentation Using Templates
- Modeling Repeatable Portions of Your Configuration Using Defined Resource Types
- Building a Foundation for Creating More Complex Configurations Using Advanced Classes
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation Using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification Using Parameterized Classes and ADB
- Introduction to Modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules
- Introduction to the Roles and Profiles Design Pattern
From Wikipedia – Puppet is an open-source software configuration management tool. It runs on many Unix-like systems as well as on Microsoft Windows, and includes its own declarative language to describe system configuration. Puppet is produced by Puppet, founded by Luke Kanies in 2005. It is written in C++ & Clojure and released as free software under the GNU General Public License (GPL) until version 2.7.0 and the Apache License 2.0 after that.