Advanced JBoss® 7 EAP 6 Server Administration – 4 Days
Course Description – Advanced JBoss 7 EAP Server Administration
This Advanced JBoss 7 EAP 6 Server Administration course covers advanced topics in administering the JBoss family of application servers. It provides administrators who already have some experience in working with JBoss servers the information they need to successfully manage them in production environments.
The course starts with a quick refresher on server structure, architecture, and usage. It then moves on to covering the management tools in depth, with special focus on the CLI – its management structure, how to use it, and how to write scripts for it. It includes coverage of managing the HornetQ messaging subsystem, RBAC (Role Based Access Control), and in-depth coverage of clustering that includes usage and configuration of Infinispan for caching in a cluster. It also includes in-depth coverage of creating and managing domains, as well as an introduction to the open-source RHQ management platform that forms the basis for JON (JBoss Operations Network).
The course is hands-on, with labs for every important topic covered. It provides a wealth of hard-to-find information on managing JBoss servers, and is created by experts in the JBoss family of servers. It is available for both JBoss EAP 6.2 and 6.4, and is also suitable for audiences using the community releases also (JBoss AS 7.1.1)
What You Will Learn
- Review the server structure, architecture, and usage
- Gain in-depth knowledge of working with the CLI, it’s management model, and the operations it makes available
- Deploy applications with the CLI and with auto-deployment
- Understand application dependencies, including implicit and automatic dependencies, and how to configure them
- Work with and configure the HornetQ messaging subsystem via the XML config and the CLI, including address settings configuration, producer flow control, and security settings
- Learn about and use RBAC (Role Based Access Control)
- Mask sensitive strings (e.g. database passwords) with the Vault mechanism
- Set up, work with, and manage server clusters
- Configure, use, and customize the Infinispan subsystem for replication (HTTP and SFSB) and caching, including as a second-level Hibernate cache
- Set up and work with server domains
- Manage domains and application deployments to a domain with the CLI
- Understand the structure of the RHQ management console
- Install RHQ and work with it to manage JBoss servers
|Session 1: JBoss Server – A Quick Overview
Session 2: Architecture Review
Session 3: Management Tools
Session 4: Interface and Socket Bindings
Session 5: Application Deployment
Session 6: Messaging
Session 7: Security
Session 8: Clustering and Replication with Infinispan
Session 9: Configuring and Managing Domains
Session 10: RHQ Management Console
Supported Platforms: JBoss EAP 6.2/6.4 on both Linux and Windows Operating Systems
JBoss is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
MindIQ has no affiliation with Red Hat.